Scope of Work
Cianbro is constructing a 35-mile double circuit 138 kV BOLD® (Breakthrough Overhead Line Design) transmission line.
- Installing, maintaining and removing over 35 miles of access roads, work pads, right-of-way (ROW), and environmental controls
- Installing 215 steel BOLD® transmission structures on drilled concrete foundations
- Installing 35 miles of double circuit single conductor including shield and optical ground wire
- Removing 199 steel lattice towers
- Removing 35 miles of existing conductor and shield wire
- Removing the existing double circuit transmission line and lattice towers
- Reconductoring with Drake 795 KCM ACSR 26/7 conductor, 48 ct fiber OPGW and 7#8 Alumoweld shield wire
- Oversaw environmental efforts including the site access plan
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Structure arms are required by the Owner to be secured prior to conductor installation to mitigate the possibility of the arms vibrating during high wind periods. Cianbro worked with the Owner's Engineering team to establish new structure arm tie-down locations allowing for a more efficient installation of pulling ropes and conductor, resulting in less labor and a reduction in onsite helicopter costs.