Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a 35-mile double circuit 138 kV BOLD® (Breakthrough Overhead Line Design) transmission line.
- Installed, maintained and removed over 35 miles of access roads, work pads, right-of-way (ROW), and environmental controls
- Installed 215 steel BOLD® transmission structures on drilled concrete foundations
- Installed 35 miles of double circuit single conductor including shield and optical ground wire
- Removed 199 steel lattice towers
- Removed 35 miles of existing conductor and shield wire
- Removed the existing double circuit transmission line and lattice towers
- Reconductored with Drake 795 KCM ACSR 26/7 conductor, 48 ct fiber OPGW and 7#8 Alumoweld shield wire
- Oversaw environmental efforts including the site access plan
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Structure arms were required by the Owner to be secured prior to conductor installation to mitigate the possibility of the arms vibrating during high wind periods. Cianbro worked with the Owner's Engineering team to establish new structure arm tie-down locations allowing for a more efficient installation of pulling ropes and conductor, resulting in less labor and a reduction in onsite helicopter costs.