Scope of Work
Cianbro installed a new wetlaid nonwovens fabric line for Suominen at their Bethune, South Carolina plant. The scope of work included demolition of existing concrete slabs and foundations, construction of new concrete slabs and foundations, construction of a 5,000-square-foot addition to the existing building, installation of a new nonwovens tissue machine line, installation of new auxiliary equipment, and expansion of existing utility systems.
- Demolished existing concrete foundations (900 CY)
- Installed concrete foundations, machine track and slabs (3,900 CY)
- Erected new structural steel buildings (East enclosure, Motor Control Center, Vacuum Pump, 120 tons)
- Installed nonwovens fabric machine
- Installed a new pulper, wire silo, and former machine
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro was required to work in and around an existing facility with operating utility systems such as air, natural gas, propane, steam, water, sewer, electrical, and fire protection. The strict deadlines for completion led to a very aggressive fast track schedule. Cianbro completed the project ahead of schedule.