Scope of Work
Cianbro performed the civil, mechanical, and piping work associated with the installation of a new wet-laid nonwovens fabric line. The scope of work included demolition of existing concrete slabs and foundations and installation of new ones, a 5,000 square foot addition to the existing building, installation of a new nonwovens tissue machine line and auxiliary equipment, and upgrades to the existing utility systems.
- Demolished 1,500 cubic yards of concrete foundations inside the existing manufacturing building and modified the existing slab and support steel
- Installed concrete foundations, machine track, and slabs (3,900 cubic yards)
- Erected 120 tons of new structural steel buildings (East enclosure, Motor Control Center, Vacuum Pump)
- Fabricated and installed 15,000 feet of process piping
- Installed manual valves, process control valves and in-line control devices
- Installed a new nonwovens fabric machine, pulper, wire silo, and former machine
- Performed system cleaning and flushing
- Provided start-up and commissioning support
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro was required to work in and around an existing facility with operating utility systems such as air, natural gas, propane, steam, water, sewer, electrical, and fire protection. The strict deadlines for completion led to a very aggressive fast track schedule. Cianbro completed the project ahead of schedule.