Scope of Work
Cianbro served as Construction Manager for a 204,000-square-foot bottling facility, located on a 35-acre site. The building was designed with a 10,000-square-foot office area and four bottling lines.
- Performed site work including clearing and grubbing an entrance road
- Cut and filled approximately 170,000 cubic yards of material on-site to construct the building pad and parking area
- Placed 2,000 cubic yards sub-base gravel material
- Placed 2,500 linear feet of metal guard rail
- Placed 27,000 square yards of asphalt paving
- Placed 194,000 square feet of superflat floors
- Cast 2,300 linear feet of 12-inch sandwich panel tilt-up walls with an average height of 32 feet, which were erected in six days
- Constructed girder and bar joist building steel
- Installed concrete masonry unit (CMU) block walls to enclose electrical, mechanical, PH, fire pump, and chemical rooms
- Installed 13 loading docks, with retractable dock locks for ease of snowplowing
- Placed roofing, including 60-mil polyvinyl chloride (PVC), mechanically fastened system
- Provided HVAC systems, including rooftop-mounted units, propane-fired, with chilled water cooling
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The remote site location, severe winter conditions, and surrounding wetlands were some of the challenges faced on this project. The entrance road crossed approximately 1,000 feet of wetlands. The site was monitored every two weeks by a third-party erosion control inspector required by the State of Maine and contracted by Nestle Waters North America. Along with finish grading and landscaping, the building was weather tight and painted one week before the first snow storm. The building was constructed by concrete tilt-up walls. Cianbro managed 50 trade partners with a total workforce of 175 people. The project is LEED Gold certified.