Scope of Work
Cianbro completed the demolition and replacement of an existing dam structure on an island in the Stillwater River.
- Demolished ledge and existing dam structure
- Formed 0.60 tons rebar and placed a 40-foot by 60-foot concrete eel passage (ramp)
- Installed an eel substrate
- Installed AquaDam to keep river flow out of the work area
- Formed 0.75 tons rebar and placed a new 30-foot by 6-foot dam to match the original
- Installed new flashboards and tie-off stanchions
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro was faced with the major challenge of working in a tight, limited space at the edge of the dam, which required traversing the narrow, shallow river with a barge. The weather and river conditions were also challenging as there were several high water days that flooded the work area.