Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed 10.1 miles of new 69 kV transmission line to connect into two new substations and two existing substations.
- Cleared 6 miles of an existing right of way and 4.1 miles of new right of way
- Constructed 2.1 miles of transmission line overbuild above the distribution line along U.S. Route 1
- Constructed 270 single-pole structures with 477 conductor wire
- Installed 2,000 feet of underground transmission crossing under the York River Bridge
- Installed an aerial crossing over the Maine Turnpike north and south bound lanes
- Relocated 3,100 feet of existing transmission line
- Restored right-of-ways at project completion
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
This project was challenged by large amounts of wetlands, the York River Bridge Crossing, heavily traveled U.S. Route 1, and endangered plant species. The Cianbro team employed various construction methods in order to get the job completed on schedule, with minimal interruption to traffic, and resulting in positive environmental compliance.