Scope of Work
Cianbro served as Construction Manager for a new 770,000-square-foot gaming facility in Bangor, Maine.
- Constructed a 137,450-square-foot, 1,000-slot gaming facility with a full-service restaurant, high-end theming and finishes, state-of-the-art security and surveillance systems, including approximately 20,300 square feet of administrative office space mezzanine
- Constructed a 111,630-square-foot, seven-story hotel with luxurious rooms, penthouse suites, and conference and banquet rooms
- Constructed a 520,670-square-foot, four-story, 1,467-space parking garage
- Coordinated with the City of Bangor, local utilities, state agencies, and other stakeholders, including planning and presentations to the City of Bangor and the public regarding downtown construction traffic and disruptions
- Participated in predesign, permitting, pricing, and constructability services as well as direct assistance to the owner for months in response to public opposition
- Relocated and rebuilt the I-395 off-ramp, including the reconstruction of the exit ramp onto State Street
- Demolished two pre-existing city blocks, assisted in discontinuing a city street, removed hazardous waste, and blasted and removed rock to prepare the site for the new build
- Performed additional off-site parking and related infrastructure improvements
- Employed and managed union trade partners for portions of this project
- Self-performed the hotel and parking garage electrical work
- Fabricated and furnished the hotel structural steel and theming finishes
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The facility was constructed on a tight work site. The building consumed 7.8 acres of the 8-acre site (95 percent of the property), requiring exact planning and execution of activities. The hotel was the first platform construction used in Maine where the walls and partitions were prefabricated off-site and trucked to the site for erection by crane, which sped up the process and decongested the work area. Cianbro successfully maintained an accelerated schedule while meeting the guaranteed maximum price (GMP) and effectively incorporating all unanticipated challenges and design evolutions.