Over 28,745 safe work hours were spent on this scope of work.
Scope of Work
Cianbro removed the existing 440-foot long wood pier structure and constructed a new 440-foot long concrete berthing pier.
- Poured-in-place concrete abutment wall supported on steel piling
- Poured-in-place concrete pile cap supported on steel piling encased in concrete,
- Pre-cast concrete deck structure spanning from abutment to pile cap consisting of 67 ea. 10-ton pre-cast slabs
- Installed a 12-inch diameter steel fender piling system
- Installed rip-rap along the entire length of the abutment wall
- Installed anodes
- Installed a new electrical and mechanical system including sewer, steam, and water for berthing vessels
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro was able to mobilize and complete this project 10-weeks ahead of the original completion date in order to help support a change in the schedule for the arrival and overhaul of another vessel in the adjacent dry dock. The Cianbro team took this challenge head-on starting on September 2nd, 2002 and completed this aggressive project on August 9, 2003; ten weeks ahead of the original schedule. All this was accomplished while working through one of the coldest winters on record for the state of Maine.