Cianbro actively supports our troops who are deployed to war zones. That support is shown in a variety of ways ranging from sending care packages, to ensuring that Cianbro team members in the Military Reserve receive up to two weeks of pay for annual reserve training.
This year, Cianbro’s Southern New England team celebrates Veterans Day by announcing that the Department of Defense, through the DoD's agency, Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve, has named the company as the latest recipient of The Patriot Award. This award is given to employers who are nominated by an active member of the military, in recognition for the employer's support of their troops. That support takes many forms, including:
- Maintaining contact with Guard and Reserve employees while TM is on annual training, or is mobilized.
- Sponsors a company Guard and Reserve recognition day.
- Features Guardsmen and Reservists on Company bulletin boards, in newsletters, or at meetings.
- Has a published leave policy.
- Has a published military mobilization policy.
- Provides pay differential during periods of military training.
- Provides pay differential during mobilizations.
- Provides paid military leave.
- Provides continuation of insurance and monetary benefits during mobilizations.
- Assigns a company sponsor to families of Guard and Reserve employees that have been deployed.
- Offers means of communication for family members of Guard and Reserve employees who have been deployed.
The Southern New England team was nominated for the award by team member and Army SPC Matt Long, who serves with the 197th Field Artillery Brigade. Matt has been on active deployment since September 11, 2010. Cianbro's Regional Staffing Specialist Colleen O'Hare also deserves a salute for supporting Matt and other Cianbro veterans during their tour of duty.