Scope of Work
Cianbro served as Construction Manager for a new 116,500-square-foot, five-story headquarters office building. Additional scope included a new, adjacent, four-story, 457-space, 170,000-square-foot precast concrete parking garage. In addition to office space, the new headquarters includes a gym, cafe, bike storage, roof patio, and operations and data center with redundant power systems.
- Performed utility relocations
- Performed excavations for the new building foundations
- Drilled 500-foot-deep wells for the geothermal heating/cooling
- Installed foundations and erected more than 580 tons of structural steel
- Key Features:
- Existing building demolition
- Solar array roof system to supply 60 to 70 percent of the electricity needed by the office building and garage
- Precast concrete parking garage
- Concrete foundations
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
From the start, the construction team faced the challenge of performing site work and placing concrete in sub-zero temperatures. Through detailed planning and work sequencing, Cianbro used a Lean construction approach to create an efficient workflow. In addition to working on a tight project site with limited laydown, Cianbro operated directly abutting another construction firm that was performing work next door. This required Cianbro to coordinate and communicate work activities with the abutting project team as well as develop a detailed logistics plan.