Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a 25.5 mile 138 kV transmission line.
- Installed and removed access/construction matting and erosion controls
- Installed 25.5 miles of double circuit 3-phase 1233.6 ASCR/TW Yukon conductor, (1) 48-fiber OPGW, and (1) Shieldwire
- Constructed 161 new steel pole structures on drilled concrete foundations
- Removed 18.6 miles of existing double circuit 138 kV transmission line and (83) existing lattice towers
- Relocated (4) circuits to provide clearance for new circuit station entrance spans
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The entire project was constructed within a high wind area, with structures up to 195 feet tall requiring additional coordination, communication, and activity planning to ensure the project was constructed safely. To minimize the risks associated with the high winds, the project team transitioned from crane baskets to 150 feet bucket trucks and purchased handheld anemometers for each bucket truck to ensure team members stayed within the safe working limits of the equipment. With over 10 revisions to the outage schedule, the project team worked cohesively and used innovative ideas to ensure the project remained on schedule including purchasing a hydraulic shear for an excavator to process existing lattice towers and utilizing a trailer with 35,000 feet of 16mm hardline to make a 31,000 feet wire pull.