Scope of Work
Cianbro performed all site work and all electrical work for a 5 MW AC (7 MW DC) solar project for Advanced Solar Products, LLC in Madison, ME. The project consisted of clearing, grubbing, and final grading of 27 acres of land and performing the site work to support the installation of a photovoltaic (PV) system.
- Installed over 15,000 feet of below-grade electrical systems
- Installed over 555,000 feet of PV array wiring
- Installed a data acquisition system
- Installed three AC combiner panels with vaults
- Installed 94,000 feet of underground electrical feeders
- Installed 14,454 PV solar modules
- Installed 116 DC inverters
- Provided all environmental controls
- Seeded and performed work site stabilization
- Install 6,400 linear feet of perimeter fencing
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The 27-acre lot is located on the side of a hill with challenging site conditions that include wetland avoidance and subsurface rock. Because the existing wetlands are required to be maintained, the project was designed to build the arrays around these areas.