Team members received special training in high angle rescue operations
Scope of Work
Under contract to the Wind Turbine Generator OEM, Cianbro erected 20 (2.5 MW) turbines for a Wind Park in Maryland. All turbine materials were supplied by the OEM.
- Erected 20 turbines with a hub height of 262 feet. Each unit was comprised of:
- Four (4) tower sections
- Three (3) blades, 144 feet long each
- One (1) 105 ton nacelle
- Prepared the nacelle for installation including generator installation and alignment
- Prepared towers for erection including installation of electrical cabinets
- Routed and connected generator power and communication cabling
- Provided engineered rigging plans developed by Cianbro’s internal Construction Engineering group
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The team coordinated the receipt of components from Germany, Arkansas, Tennessee and Iowa to erect towers on a just-in-time basis. The project overcame severe winter conditions for a successful completion.