Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed significant portions of a 17.7 DC MW solar project which incorporated Solar World 250-watt modules and First Solar Three 80-watt thin-film modules. Cianbro’s work also included installation of a complete underground collector system, inverter equipment, and a PVCS switchgear building at Mount St. Mary’s University in Maryland.
- Performed all excavation, backfill, and compaction testing for module foundations
- Installed the underground cable system including:
- Power (AC & DC Cabling), Instrumentation, Fiber Optic, and Ground Systems
- Installed directionally bored pipe connecting two sections of the project below existing wetlands
- Excavated underground trenchs
- Installed underground feeders
- Installed the above-ground photovoltaic equipment including:
- Solar Panel Harnesses, Combiner Boxes, Photovoltaic Collector Structures, PVCS Switchgear Building, and Inverters
- Installed pre-fabricated buildings
- Installed grounding
- Performed all terminations, testing, and commissioning for the electrical installation
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro completed the project safely and on-schedule while maintaining an aggressive project schedule and working with limited and confined site access. Cianbro constructed 13.8 megawatts of the 17.7-megawatts in 4 months through the use of activity planning, project controls, and open communication between all Project Stakeholders.
Constellation Energy was also the Developer.