Scope of Work
Cianbro performed the EPC contract for the 25-megawatt co-generation Facility including steam stripper installation for Cluster Rules compliance.
- Managed trade partners responsible for engineering, equipment procurement, and startup
- Performed steam and foul condensate piping tie-ins throughout existing pulp mill
- Replaced high voltage lines, installing an outdoor station transformer, generator step-up transformer, and switches
- Installed fuel oil supply line
- Erected foul condensate stripper in the existing lime kiln building
- Installed foul condensate collection piping throughout the Pulp Mill, and NCG and SOG piping from the stripper to the new boiler
- Erected 100% x-ray Chrome-Moly HP Steam piping from the existing #11 Chemical Recovery Unit (CRU) to the new steam turbine
- Erected a new major pipe bridge
- Built a steel-framed steam plant building (80 feet x 100 feet x 30 feet) and building systems
- Installed the steam plant equipment including a 175,00 pound per hour water-tube package boiler, 25-megawatt Steam Turbine Generator, boiler feed pumps, deaerator, and SCR
- Installed an outdoor urea tank, spray absorption tower, wet precipitator breeching, and the Continuous Emissions Monitoring system
- Installed all electrical, control, and battery room equipment and electrical and process control wiring in the new Cogen Building and existing pulp mill
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
This was a fast track Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) project.