Scope of Work
Cianbro removed the existing 600 foot long timber crib spillway and constructed a new reinforced concrete spillway, on the Androscoggin River.
- Installed a 20,000 CY earthen cofferdam
- Dewatered the up stream cofferdam
- Installed 25 ft diameter cofferdam cells
- Removed the existing Obermeyer flashboard system and timber crib dam
- Cleaned 8,000 SF of ledge
- Performed overburden and ledge excavation
- Installed 95 rock dowels
- Installed a new 3,100 CY reinforced concrete spillway with mass concrete specifications
- Installed 520 LF of Obermeyer panels with new air bags
- Installed sedimentation controls and removed cofferdam cells
- Removed upstream and downstream sedimentation basins
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
This project had a condensed construction schedule, a challenging concrete pour sequence, and a tremendous amount of attention was paid to environmental requirements.