Creative solutions were developed during preconstruction, affording the maximum scope within the targeted budget.
Scope of Work
The Cianbro | Brasfield & Gorrie team managed the preconstruction process and worked collaboratively with the architect and engineers to ensure a viable project through the schematic design, design development, and finishing with the construction documents/guaranteed maximum price (GMP) estimate. The team managed the entire construction phase as well.
- New 25,000-square-foot patient wing and support area
- 6,140 square feet of phased renovations with upgrades to existing patient areas
- New Central Utility Plant
- Facility support services area(s)
- 25 new patient rooms, each with a full private bathroom
- Shell space for future kitchen and dining area
- The phased tie-in of new utility services for new and existing power requirements along with fire protection needs
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The design and construction team constructed the new ground-level foundations with mini piles and caps 15 feet below and adjacent to the one-story structure, without disturbing the existing building. Additionally, upon completing the new wing, patients, staff, and visitors pass through the renovated space in the existing hospital to access the new space. Careful planning and multiple phasing options allowed the hospital to maintain 100 percent operation during construction.