Scope of Work
Cianbro managed the design and carried out the construction of a 36 MW biomass power plant.
- Installed a 300,000 pound per hour traveling grate field erected boiler
- Erected a 36 MW, condensing turbine/generator, with 5 extraction points for feedwater heating
- Constructed fuel storage and handling facilities
- Built a fuel processing building and installed fuel screens and hogs
- Constructed turbine and boiler buildings, office facilities, a warehouse, and maintenance shop
- Erected a state-of-the-art multi-cyclone and electrostatic precipitator
- Installed a 215 foot high, self-supporting steel stack
- Erected a two-cell cooling tower
- Constructed a primary wastewater treatment system with recycling services to minimize effluent
- Installed a 1450 psig chrome moly main piping system
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro’s responsibilities included the design, construction, start-up, and testing of the boiler and turbine/generator and the training of plant personnel.