Scope of Work
Cianbro converted an existing power generation facility from coal to a 60MW biomass plant. The scope included, site work, foundations, equipment rigging/setting, pipe fabrication, extensive modifications to the fuel system and boilers, installation of a new cooling tower system, construction of three electrical control and process buildings, and all associated civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation activities.
- Performed site preparation
- Constructed new process and electrical buildings, a cooling tower basin and pump house, a cooling tower, new truck scales and truck dumper foundations
- New field wiring, MCCs, transformers, and VFDs for the fuel yard, including duct banks and access holes
- Two truck dumpers, with associated hydraulics and electrical work
- New 42-inch condenser supply and return water piping, three vertical turbine pumps and associated services, and tower water piping modifications
- Demolished three existing ID fans that were replaced with new foundations and three new ID 2000 horsepower fans
- Reconfigured plant service water piping, with relocated equipment, and installed new equipment and controls
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro completed this project during extreme winter weather conditions, in an existing plant that had been shut down for two years. Due to the aggressive schedule, all work areas were staffed concurrently, and the Team was issued design documents as work commenced. Additionally, Cianbro coordinated overall site safety, including ReEnergy’s trade partner and vendor representatives.
ABC National Excellence in Construction Award
ABC Empire State Excellence in Construction Award