Scope of Work
Cianbro rebuilt 11.6 miles of 115 kV transmission line.
- Built roads with all necessary environmental protective measures
- Installed 77 structures including 65 H-frames, 11 – 3 poles, 1 single pole and 60 anchors
- Removed 75 existing structures
- Re-tensioned 11.6 miles of conductor and static including unclipping, sagging, dead-ending and clipping 106 structures
- Installed and removed a temporary tie between two line sections and relocation of an existing 115 kV switch
- Restored 11.6 miles of right-of-way
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
This project was performed during the winter of 2006 and was scheduled to be completed with frozen ground conditions due to the environmental requirements and restrictions. Due to the mild winter temperatures there was very little frost. Bangor Hydro and Cianbro worked together and successfully completed this project on time while appropriately protecting the environment.