Scope of Work
Complete replacement of an existing 700-footlong multi-span concrete arch bridge with a more modern and wider eight-girder structural steel superstructure .
- Removed and replaced the existing bridge in a multi phased construction sequence working over the Hudson River, over two existing operating hydro facilities, and between two operating paper mills
- Maintained vehicular and pedestrian traffic while protecting all existing facilities during the demolition and construction
- Erected 1,500 tons of plate girder type structural steel
- Installed 100 tons of reinforcing steel
- Placed 2,000 cubic yards of concrete in the substructure and superstructure
- Installed an eight piece, 225 ton, precast box culvert
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro team constructed the project using a unique value engineering concept which provided a safer and more efficient construction sequence that additionally provided a $300,000 in savings to the owner. The Cianbro team overcame many obstacles including the mitigation of an 11 month utility delay to the benefit of the owner.
2005 Eastern New York Association for Bridge Construction and Design (ABCD) Bridge Achievement Award