Scope of Work
Cianbro replaced a 48-year-old swing span bridge across Lake Champlain with a 4,506 linear feet high level fixed girder bridge.
- Installed and removed 30 temporary steel sheet pile cofferdams
- Constructed two bridge abutments and 28 piers
- Drove 24 ea. 775 linear feet of h-pile
- Placed 7,900 cubic yards of seal concrete
- Formed and placed 7,890 cubic yards of substructure concrete
- Erected 3,430 tons of steel plate girders
- Placed 5,100 cubic yards of concrete for the bridge deck
- Demolished and removed the existing 1,000 linear feet steel truss bridge and 3,000 feet causeway
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The acceptance of a value engineering proposal developed by the Cianbro team revised the deck forming system and helped to bring this project to completion several months ahead of schedule. This approach also saved the owner over $250,000 dollars bringing the overall project in well under budget.