This project was performed entirely with a nuclear submarine in the dry dock throughout the construction process and only separated from the work by a fence.
Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a new caisson seat across the mouth of Dry Dock #2 at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
- Installed approximately 1,000 ea. 1 ¼ DWIDAG BARS
- Installed threadbar and rock anchors
- Drilled up to seventy feet in bedrock on the floor and sidewalls of the dry dock
- Formed and installed reinforcing steel and new steel seat
- Placed 3,000 cubic yards of concrete and post-tensioned rock bolts
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro performed this project in an operating shipyard with no disruption to the facility, its staff, or equipment, on time AND with ZERO-Recordables and ZERO Lost Time Injuries.