Scope of Work
Cianbro re-designed the electrical systems for three piers as part of an upgrade to the National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. Cianbro’s re-design consisted of electrical services, power distribution systems, marine substations and power pedestals for the piers in order to comply with local code requirements and to meet the owner’s needs.
- Furnished and installed marine-style substations
- Furnished and installed power pedestals for docking boats
- Installed a power distribution system and lighting for the piers
- Provided power for sanitary pump stations, emergency power-off systems and fueling station
- Supplied power for a potable water system and fire suppression system
- Installed a grounding system to ensure proper grounding of equipment on the piers
- Mounted pole lighting with remote-station controls
- Installed banner lights, security cameras, power outlets, and lighting system for canopies
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The project challenges included coordinating the work with the owner’s suppliers, trade partners, plumbing and fire suppression contractors in order to ensure required access and connections to the various systems on the pier. Cianbro was able to meet all completion dates and meet project requirements.