Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a storm drainage system on Lancaster Street, installed a pumping station on Caroline Street, rehabilitated the marine bulkhead, and extended the City’s Inner Harbor promenade around the eastern section of the harbor.
- Demolished 700 linear feet of existing granite waterfront bulkhead
- Drove 1,500 linear feet of 18-inch square concrete pile, 12,000 linear feet of H-pile, 1,900 linear feet of battered H-pile, and 43,000 square feet of PZ-27 sheet pile
- Constructed the outboard cast-in-place concrete cap on concrete pile and the inboard cast-in-place concrete cap on H-pile
- Connected the two caps with cast-in-place tie-beams
- Installed a pre-cast plank deck
- Reconstructed the roadway
- Installed waterlines, drainage structures, and piping
- Extended the promenade with granite block, brick pavers, planter boxes, landscaping, and lighting
- Constructed a 14 foot by 44 foot by 25-foot below grade, cast-in-place, concrete pump station with electric submersible pumps, electric drives, and piping
- Constructed a 12 foot by 12-foot wood-framed control building
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro team met logistical challenges—due to limited work space and crane access—by sequencing demolition and reconstruction tasks on a daily basis.