Scope of Work
Cianbro’s Brewer, Maine deepwater Eastern Manufacturing Facility was selected to design, construct/supply, and test 22 Prefabricated Electrical Buildings (E-Rooms) for the Vale Newfoundland and Labrador Ltd. Nickel Processing Plant located in Long Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada. Modules ranged in size up to 140 feet long by 45 feet wide by 67 feet tall with the heaviest weighing 490 tons. All E-Rooms were transported to the Newfoundland site by barge in five shipments.
- Cianbro designed and constructed:
- 11 single-story E-Rooms
- 9 two-story E-Rooms
- 2 three-story E-rooms
- Equipment included:
- Motor Control Centers and switchgear assemblies
- Free-standing Variable Speed Drives (VSDs)
- Harmonic and rectifier equipment
- VDC battery systems
- Fire and alarm systems, among other amenities
- Major electrical equipment was provided by the Owner
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The two three-story E-rooms are among the tallest electrical room buildings ever shipped in the world.