Title: Project QA/QC Supervisor
- Set up necessary document retention system for Project or QA/QC as required.
- Schedule, coordinate and chair all required QA/QC Meetings (Pre-construction, Preparatory, Initial, Follow-up)
- Understand contract documents (technical items) and their impact on QA/QC responsibilities. Assist in the determination of the appropriate NDE, testing and documentation requirements.
- Participate and oversee fastener Skidmore testing, and field QC of Structural Steel Erection in accordance with QC Manual. Review or conduct material, receipt, inspection and handling.
- Provide technical assistance (QA/QC related mechanical/civil/electrical) as requested by project personnel and management.
- Conduct inspections and documentation review as required to assure elements of QC Plan are implemented as required.
- Working with front line supervision, schedule required Post Weld Heat Treatment, Non Destructive Examination & testing; assure implementation and review results.
- Initiate and track (through resolution) NCRs as required.
- Keep Project Management informed of any Quality related issue that may impact schedule.
- Complete statistical updates on performance as required.
- Complete necessary daily and weekly reports as required.
- Inform appropriate supervisor of any discrepancy involving quality. If necessary, elevate the situation to a more appropriate level of management.
- Assist in administration of welding and coating’s QC program as required by Cianbro policy and/or applicable construction codes.
- Support field engineering needs around quality control and assurance.
- Recognize the chain of command and deal with the appropriate level of supervision in matters affecting quality.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- SNT-TC-1A Level II in the appropriate NDE method (MT/PT/UT)
- AWS – CWI
- NACE or SSPC Level II (or higher) certification
- AISC Structural Bolting QC Inspector (AISC, ICC, STTC or equivalent)
- NAVFAC/ACE QMS Certification
- Minimum five years of construction experience.
- Proven experience in reasoning, problem solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and e-mail is required. A QA/QC Supervisor should be proactive in learning and using new software products as required.
- Willing to work on a variety of project assignments at various locations, requiring varying amounts of travel and shifts
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.