Title: Structural Welder
- Weld structural members with consistent quality and safe work practices by understanding and following layouts, blueprints and work orders.
- Identify different types and preparation of materials used in structural welding.
- Understand proper care in handling materials.
- Identify and use various types of welding tools, wire, and machines.
- Troubleshoot by understanding blueprints, identify issues, and taking corrective actions.
- Perform initial QA/QC checks on finished work to ensure conformance with specifications.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of three years of experience structural welding.
- Must be able to: Pass a FCAW and SMAW Certification Test for structural welders consisting of 3/8" bevelled plate with backing strip, horizontal, vertical and overhead.
- Proficient in the use of cutting torch, plasma arc, and cutting machines.
- Prior experience working off lifts or staging.
- Prior Rigging experience is a plus.
- Ability to pass non-destructive weld testing (i.e. X-ray, sonogram) is a plus.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.