- Safely position and unite steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks.
- Read specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members. Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place using cranes, using hand signals and tag lines.
- Verify alignment and plumbing of steel structures and make corrections to erected structures as needed.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts following blueprints using various bolts, nuts, washers and torqing.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 4 - 6 years of Journey level experience.
- Ability to work at all heights is a must.
- Ability to read blueprints, interpret symbols and abbreviations on plans and drawings.
- Prior rigging experience to include knowledge of hand signals, rigging gear, inspection and proper use.
- NCCER certification is a plus.
- Licensing or additional certification may be required depending on project location.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.