Title: Project Engineer - Building Market
- The Project Engineer provides technical support around quality controls, blueprint and contract compliance, scheduling, documentation, and engineering means and methods on site.
- Assist in proper project planning, value-added engineering means and methods, developing work packages and preparing production indicators/benchmarks, and developing the master schedule.
- Ensure proper environmental permits are in place (identify any state or local laws relating to environmental compliance); Educate our team to ensure understanding and compliance with permit requirements.
- Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors. Verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
- Provide engineering input to daily job log.
- Interpret production goals from work packages for craft supervisors, ensuring full understanding to enable daily communication of productivity goals to crews executing the work.
- Verify quantity tracking data and measure productivity.
- Track progress of the major Vendors and Subcontractors to ensure that materials are manufactured and delivered in a timely fashion as not to impact the project schedule.
- Maintain the project schedule to aid project leadership in knowing where they are and making decisions for how to achieve project goals, with input from others.
- Generate and maintain the project submittal log, Requests For Information log, and correspondence with client/owner.
- Generate and maintain contract compliance listings, buyout logs, and procurement reports.
- Identify, document, and estimate costs of extra work activities, which were not anticipated in original scope and provide proper notification and financial reporting of change orders. Establish and maintain a project change order log that ties to the UAR.
- Coordinate the transmittal and subsequent approval of all submittals to the Owner/Engineer.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Requires a 4 year degree in engineering or construction management with a minimum of 5 years related experience in heavy construction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods): craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.