Title: Millwright / Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Fitchburg, MA
- Installs machinery and equipment according to general arrangement layout plans, blueprints, specifications and other drawings in an industrial environment.
- Dismantles and repairs machinery and equipment using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment using winches, jacks, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Assembles and installs machinery and equipment such as shafting, conveyors, pulpers, vats, agitators, tram rails, pumps and motors using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundations for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel.
- Sets base plates to line and level and installs grout beneath them.
- Aligns machines and equipment using optical and laser alignment equipment.
- 3 years of experience as a millwright in a industrial environment.
- Must have a good understanding of blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Must have experience using handtools, powertools, hoists, jacks, squares, rules, scales, dial indicators, micrometers, laser alignment machines, optical levels and plumb bobs.
- Structural welding experience is a plus.
- Must be flexible as schedules may shift from day to nights, overtime, holidays and weekend work will be on a rotating basis.
- ***this is a fixed base location in Fitchburg, MA***
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.