Title: Project Engineer - Electrical - Power Market
Position - Project Engineer
Location - Field position primarily based on T&D construction projects in WV, IN, OH, VA
The Project Engineer provides technical support around quality controls, design and specification compliance, contract compliance, scheduling, document control, financial management, material management, subcontractor management and engineering means and methods on site.
- Assist in proper project planning, value-added engineering means and methods, developing work packages and preparing production indicators/benchmarks, and developing the master schedule.
- Interpret design/drawings. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors. Verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
- Provide engineering input to daily job log.
- Generate and maintain contract compliance matrix.
- Interpret production goals from work packages for craft supervisors, ensuring full understanding to enable daily communication of productivity goals to crews executing the work.
- Tracking of quantity data and measure productivity.
- Track progress of the major vendors and subcontractors to ensure that materials are manufactured and delivered in a timely fashion as not to impact the project schedule.
- Assist project team in coordinating subcontractors and ensuring their adherence with company expectations and project requirements.
- Maintain the project schedule to aid project leadership in knowing where they are and making decisions for how to achieve project goals, with input from others.
- Generate and maintain the project submittal log, requests for information log, and correspondence with client/owner.
- Coordinate the transmittal and subsequent approval of all submittals to the Owner/Engineer.
- Generate and maintain contract compliance listings, buyout logs, and procurement reports.
- Identify, document, and estimate costs of extra work activities, which were not anticipated in original scope and provide proper notification and financial reporting of change orders. Establish and maintain a project change order log that ties to the UAR.
- Work with project management team to track and report project costs to senior management. Update project cost/revenue forecasts, identify financial risks/opportunities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Requires a 4 year degree in construction management, engineering or business.
- CPR, First Aid, OSHA30 certifications or the ability to become certified.
- Written and oral communication skills are required with the ability to effectively communicate with project supervisors, team members, regulatory personnel, and others.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Additional computer programs– Primavera P6, similar scheduling experience, CMIC or other document management software.
- Valid driver's license and background.
- Regional travel is required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and change between duties with accuracy and quality.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to be effective in a diverse and multicultural work environment with internal and external customers.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.