Title: Professional Development Coordinator
Location: Pittsfield, ME
Cianbro is looking for a motivated and passionate classroom instructor to establish, enhance, and deploy professional development programs throughout the organization. As a leader, this position will be responsible for facilitating the organization’s performance management system and succession planning efforts. As a coach, this individual will have a strong belief in continuous improvement, which is essential to this role’s success.
- Work closely with all management to conduct ongoing needs assessments and evaluations of professional development activities throughout the organization.
- Develop, update and deliver in-house training programs that provide a high quality learning experience for participants.
- Ensure training sessions are comprised and delivered in manageable pieces that focus on the “need to knows,” so that critical information can be effectively transferred and retained.
- Research and select relevant external professional development programs that fit Cianbro’s culture and support the team member’s growth.
- Seek opportunities to infuse the “Lean Principals” into all aspects of training.
- Develop and sustain programs to shape the organization’s frontline leadership into on-the-job teachers with a consistent delivery method of instruction.
- Serve as an influential and motivational trainer in change management/ Lean thinking and promote and foster a continuous improvement culture across all levels of the organization.
- Champion the selection and implementation of a company-wide performance management system/process where constant and timely feedback can be delivered to team members and efficiently documented.
- Work with management to identify in-house subject matter experts that have a passion for teaching and develop them as a resource to deliver training on an as needed basis.
- Formalize succession planning efforts and identify the skills, experience, and development opportunities candidates will need to be ready for their next opportunity.
- You have to care about people, love being part of a team, and have a passion to win.
- You must possess flexible and adaptable teaching styles to support a diverse team of professionals.
- You must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- You must be organized with strong prioritization skills.
- Proficient alone with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Preference will be giving to those candidates who not only meet the above requirements, but who also possess:
- Formal Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
- Certification in the Job Instruction Method
- Work experience in heavy industrial construction
- 4-year college degree in education and/or 6-8 years of experience in the area of professional development.
Cianbro performs work in 41 states across the United States. Occasional overnight travel will be required of this position.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.