Title: Civil Foreman
Civil Foreman -
Lead the daily activities of a crew in safely producing a quality, cost efficient work product consistent with the project goals and the expected standards established by Cianbro and our customers.
- Understand and work in accordance with the overall project schedule and budget.
- Work together with project supervision on a daily basis to communicate production goals and quality specifications of work, discuss issues that have surfaced (around people, means and methods, material or equipment use, etc. extra or out of scope work), and ideas to help team achieve project goals.
- Participate in planning means and methods.
- Accurately record and report crew work hours and quantities installed. Monitor and manage crew productivity. Ensure ongoing efforts are made to improve productivity.
- Analyze production results and establish appropriate corrective actions, if required.
- When rework is required, help team learn from any mistakes and accurately record costs.
- Forecast equipment, materials or work force needs as required; Help ensure all the resources for crew's activities are available when needed.
- Seeks solutions to special requests or problems with their work in a timely and professional manner.
- Use Activity Planning to effectively plan, organize and communicate specific details of work; sign off on all plans.
- Understand the project cost code structure related to your work activities.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy civil construction projects.
- 5 plus years of supervisory experience in a heavy civil environment.
- Must be able to read and understand contract and shop drawings and have competency with all fabrication equipment and processes.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and communicate in a timely, effective manner.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans and individuals with physical or mental disabilities.