Title: Benefits and Human Resources Administration Manager
Location: Pittsfield, ME
This position has responsibility for a team of benefit subject matter experts in the administration and future strategy of all pension and welfare benefit programs, occupational health, EEO and affirmative action. Provides operational human resource services to the corporate office.
- Implements a long term benefit strategy to provide maximum benefits to team members incorporating total rewards, choice, cost containment, and technology (AI) that is innovative, competitive, and in compliance with legal and ERISA requirements with a focus on health and safety consumerism and prevention.
- Lead the educational and communication efforts within the organization in regards to health & wellness as well as human resource policy and procedural changes and enhancements.
- Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection, and to guide team members thru benefit decisions.
- Oversee vendor and broker relations, benefit renewals, contract negotiations, and open enrollment.
- Advise management on such matters as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and discrimination.
- Supervise a team of 4 to 5 human resources professionals including being a leading promoter of lean, process improvement, innovation, cost reduction and change management.
- Interface with management, business unit leaders, human resources teams, employee groups, external government agencies, etc.
- Provide Operational HR support to the corporate office including professional recruitment, supervisory coaching and performance management, and policy interpretation.
- Work closely with management to understand the skills, competencies, education, experience, etc. required for the open position(s).
- Identify and recommend the best-qualified candidates for the position actively engaging with candidates to prescreen and conducting face to face interviews.
Qualifications / Experience:
- This position requires a four-year business degree plus a minimum of 10 years of human resources management experience.
- Supervisory experience with extensive knowledge of benefit administration and experience with general human resources functions is required.
- Strong communication and people skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to identify and analyze underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information and evaluate results to choose the best solution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Can do attitude, sense of urgency, and desire to succeed as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated track record in getting results.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and as a member of a team.
- Must have experience with HRIS and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Previous experience with Microsoft Access is considered an asset.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.