Title: Field Safety Specialist
Position – Field Safety Specialist
Location – Field position immediately needed in Columbus Ohio on an AEP construction project, additional and future opportunities expected in MI, WV, IN, OH, VA
This multi-faceted opportunity supports the Construction Project Team on achieving an injury free environment.
· Assist the management team on a jobsite(s) to ensure all team members are working safely and within the company guidelines and policies.
· Assist with developing, conducting, and documenting the jobsite safety orientations for all new team members, subcontractors, and other appropriate vendors, visitors, etc.
· Actively observe and provide feedback around crew's work to eliminate at risk behavior, identify safety issues and help ensure corrective actions are taken.
· Take an active role in the planning of upcoming work on the site to help the team identify potential safety issues and solutions.
· Establish emergency planning with project management, identifying warning signals, evacuation assembly point, escape routes, and local emergency and health care services.
· Experience in occupational health claims helpful.
· Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements related to Safety or Environmental conditions.
· Perform periodic industrial hygiene and environmental sampling.
· Participate in the corporate safety audit, near miss and accident investigation and the follow-up required.
· Three to Five years electrical transmission/distribution field-related construction safety experience is preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of construction standards and strong field experience.
· Working knowledge of state and federal safety regulations.
· CPR, First Aid, OSHA30 certifications or the ability to become certified is necessary.
· Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or comparable degree is required.
· Written and oral communication skills are required with the ability to effectively communicate with project supervisors, team members, regulatory personnel, and others as necessary.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
· Valid driver's license and ability to pass a background check
. Regional travel is required.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and change between duties with accuracy and quality.
· Strong sense of urgency is required.
· Ability to be effective in a diverse and multicultural work environment with internal and external customers.
· Professional Certifications Preferred but not required – CSP, CUSP, CHST
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.