Title: Safety Specialist - Power Market
Position – Field Safety Specialist
Location – Field position immediately needed in Columbus Ohio on an AEP construction project, additional and future opportunities expected in MI, WV, IN, OH, VA
This multi-faceted opportunity supports the Construction Project Team on achieving an injury free environment.
· Assist the management team on a jobsite(s) to ensure all team members are working safely and within the company guidelines and policies.
· Assist with developing, conducting, and documenting the jobsite safety orientations for all new team members, subcontractors, and other appropriate vendors, visitors, etc.
· Actively observe and provide feedback around crew's work to eliminate at risk behavior, identify safety issues and help ensure corrective actions are taken.
· Take an active role in the planning of upcoming work on the site to help the team identify potential safety issues and solutions.
· Establish emergency planning with project management, identifying warning signals, evacuation assembly point, escape routes, and local emergency and health care services.
· Experience in occupational health claims helpful.
· Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements related to Safety or Environmental conditions.
· Perform periodic industrial hygiene and environmental sampling.
· Participate in the corporate safety audit, near miss and accident investigation and the follow-up required.
· Three to Five years electrical transmission/distribution field-related construction safety experience is preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of construction standards and strong field experience.
· Working knowledge of state and federal safety regulations.
· CPR, First Aid, OSHA30 certifications or the ability to become certified is necessary.
· Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or comparable degree is required.
· Written and oral communication skills are required with the ability to effectively communicate with project supervisors, team members, regulatory personnel, and others as necessary.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
· Valid driver's license and ability to pass a background check
. Regional travel is required.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and change between duties with accuracy and quality.
· Strong sense of urgency is required.
· Ability to be effective in a diverse and multicultural work environment with internal and external customers.
· Professional Certifications Preferred but not required – CSP, CUSP, CHST
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.