Title: Heavy Equipment Technician
Location: Pittsfield, ME
- Cianbro has an opening for a safety minded, experienced, Heavy Equipment technician for shop work in Pittsfield, ME. This is a fixed based, year round position.
- Identify and eliminate all hazards associated with all work tasks.
- Safely and efficiently-
- Inspect/test, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of heavy equipment including but not limited to cranes, dirt equipment and other misc heavy construction equipment.
- Read parts schematics to aid in ordering parts/materials.
- Ability to complete a material requisition and follow up on part arrivals.
- Accurately track time and materials spent on repairs to be applied to Work Orders.
- Continually maintain an organized, clean work area.
- Continually implement new ways to complete tasks safer and more efficiently.
- S/he must consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- S/he must excel in a team atmosphere.
- S/he must pay attention to detail, be a self-starter, and be able to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
- Individual must be mechanically inclined and eager to learn via OJT.
- Embrace the use of technology to complete work safer and more efficiently.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a heavy equipment technician and/or a combination of technical education and mechanical experience is required.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.