- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Identify scope of work and perform quantity takeoff for civil work associated with industrial related projects (Gas Compression, Substations, etc.).
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors, evaluate responses and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimates on larger projects.
- Attend pre-bid site visits during bidding process.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, evaluate risks and client requirements.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by the project team.
- Ensure estimates address all potential safety risks and concerns.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- Good communications skills and ability to work with other people; a self-starter
- 3-5 years of estimating civil projects or equivalent field experience.
- Familiar with field installation concepts, practices and procedures.
- Familiar with site work, excavations, foundations, miscellaneous steel.
- Requires strong computer skills, familiarity with scheduling, estimating (HCSS) software and MS Office.
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.