Title: Project Manager - Heavy Civil/Marine/Water-Wastewater
Provide leadership and support for heavy/civil construction projects focusing on bridge/transportation, marine structures, or water/wastewater. Project leader for safety, quality, productivity, and profitability. Provide overall project management with focus on developing a cohesive team, efficient resource management, technical proficiency, and innovative problem solving. Help drive estimate efforts both pre-bid and as required for change orders and other business opportunities.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project
- Oversee supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.)
- Supervise Field Supervisors and/or other contractors as required by the contract
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders
- Assume responsibility for productivity, quality, and safety, efficient use of resources, materials, and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor's direction
- Four year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience in the particular specialty. Experience managing joint venture projects is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of heavy civil construction project management in the field.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods); supervision, estimating, schedules, budget, and safety required
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
- Requires significant independent judgment
- Extended travel required
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.