Title: Downhill Welder
• Weld pipe with consistent quality and safe work practices by understanding and following layouts, blueprints, and work orders.
• Identify different types and preparation of materials used in pipe welding.
• Understand proper care in handling materials.
• Identify and use various types of welding tools, wire, and machines.
• Troubleshoot by understanding blueprints, identify issues, and taking corrective actions.
• Perform initial QA/QC checks on finished work to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Gain exposure and experience of pipefitting.
• Must pass a Schedule 20 test (12inch downhill pipe test in 6G position).
• Proficient in the use of cutting torch, plasma arc, and cutting machines.
• Prior experience working off lifts or staging.
• Prior Rigging experience is a plus.
• Ability to pass non-destructive weld testing (i.e. X-ray, sonogram) preferred.
***Must be willing to travel***
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.