Title: IT Business Systems Analyst
Location: Pittsfield, ME
The role of the IT Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The Business Analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary that shapes the technology demand among the business community. This position will be responsible for Production Support and direct engagement with vendor resources for escalation for assigned Business Applications.
• Work with executive and senior leaders to create and maintain an operating plan to achieve the strategic vision and operating platform that defines the people, processes, tools, and technology.
• Partner with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to understand and logically document current and future processes.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
• Analyze, document and test program development, logic, process flows and specifications.
• Partner with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing.
• Document user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
• Partner with architecture and solution delivery teams to enable BI applications that have long-term value.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
• Provide subject matter expertise, support, and guidance.
• Coordinate with those who manage project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Production support in customizations, extensions, integrations in assigned applications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required as you will be working with end users to facilitate issue resolution, troubleshoot issues.
• A major component of this position is the support of assigned Business Application environments and to resolve reported end-user issues/problems.
• Must demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Must be motivated to learn new modules and other IT applications.
• Work with IT Application Development Group and users to determine project requirements.
• Provide functional designs to implement solutions for assigned business/operations areas.
• Provide day to day production support.
• Ability to create technical specifications, code and unit test system enhancements/customizations.
• Develop, document and maintain Oracle customizations and interfaces.
• Evaluate the impact of patches and changes on assigned systems.
• Support development project efforts and meet quality and timely milestones while following company’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) guidelines.
• Maintain project work plans related to specific tasks assigned and meet deliverable schedules.
• Participate in IT department planning to ensure successful implementation of projects.
• BS degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of direct work experience in business analysis disciplines. Ideally, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field. International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) certification highly desirable in: Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA®) Designation, and/or Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) Designation.
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with peers in a positive productive manner. Can manage competing priorities, making sound business decisions based on overall goals and objectives. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into application requirements.
• Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
• Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
• Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment and initiative.
• Professional image with ability to form good partner relationships across functions.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products and provide in-depth knowledge.
• Strong understanding of IIBA defined competencies for requirements collection, process diagraming using BPMN, etc…
• Modeling Techniques: Object Orientation analysis, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams).
• In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles, e.g. Agile, RUP, and Waterfall.
• Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
• Must have production support ticket (L1/L2) handling experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA/Confluence helpful for work management.