Scope of Work
Cianbro will construct and replace the Sarah Mildred Long Bridge located on the Piscataqua River. The existing steel vertical lift bridge carries the U.S. Route 1 Bypass, providing a critical link between Kittery, Maine, and Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The new 2,800 ft concrete vertical lift bridge will be constructed at a higher elevation than the existing, with a vehicular structure stacked over a railroad level, as well as a longer lift span at 300 ft. Other differing characteristics include long open spans, fewer piers, and wider shoulders.
- Construct concrete roadway and railroad superstructures
- Construct a high quality and reliable 300-foot-long steel lift span
- Construct four angular lift span towers
- Construct approach roads and intersections
- Facilitate and foster collaboration, communication, and partnership with all members of the Project Team and stakeholders
- Avoid and minimize Project impacts to roadway, railway, and maritime traffic, local business, and communities during construction