Scope of Work
Cianbro performed the mechanical erection of the burn line for the 5,500 tpd facility. The contract included the preheat tower and associated equipment and vessels, Normal and Low Alkali clinker silos, rotary kiln, clinker cooler, conveyors, reclaim systems, transfer towers, distribution center and coal storage areas. F.L. Smidth provided most of the burn line equipment including preheat tower, kiln and clinker cooler.
- Constructed a 430 ft, 5-stage preheat tower
- Erected approximately 2,500 tons of structural steel
- Constructed and installed a 200 ft x 17 ft FL Smidth Rotax-2 rotary kiln with Tangential Suspension
- Constructed two 180 ft clinker silos (Normal and Low Alkali)
- Erected over 1,000 ft of conveyor systems with a 130 ft Transfer Tower; 200 ft of the conveyor system was installed 160 ft in the air
- Constructed a 28-module moveable cross-bar clinker cooler with 1,500 mechanical flow regulators
- Erected the coal storage area
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Weather conditions, rigorous schedules, availability of supplied materials and working within a limited area along with fifteen other contractors and trade partners provided the major challenges to the project.