Scope of Work
Cianbro was contracted to install two new 200 ton per day (tpd) Andritz tissue machines with all of the associated electrical, mechanical, piping, and miscellaneous civil work, along with building services and all architectural finishes.
- Installed two 200 tpd tissue machines
- Installed all power systems, including 14 transformers, two MCC rooms, and 600,000 lf of cable
- Installed a process and building service piping system, totaling 70,000 lf of pipe
- Installed all process equipment for each tissue machine
- Installed all roll handling equipment, including two roll elevators and a roll-wrapping system
- Installed a 3-unwind station winder for rewinding and combining rolls on-site
- Installed a 35,000-sf Finishing and Shipping building with all building services
- Installed 15,000 lf of pneumatic and hydraulic tubing for all process systems
- Installed approximately 85,000 sf of built-up roofing for the tissue machine building as well as the Finishing and Shipping building
- Unloaded, preserved, and handled all permanent materials and equipment for the construction of the facility
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro planned and scheduled work around several other major contractors on the job, in particular, the major civil contractor. Due to very limited available space, materials were shipped to the project site from an off-site warehouse, as required. There was considerable effort managing the electrical cable schedules based on multiple equipment suppliers, which required the use of seven separate cable schedules to manage and coordinate.