Scope of Work
Cianbro provided complete engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the 40 MW wind farm.
- Completed 6.5 miles of access roads including, 500,000 cy of excavation
- Placed 13 WTG foundations, including 260 rock anchors
- Transported over-width/over-weight turbine components from Searsport, Maine to the project site
- Installed 13 Vestas V-112 turbines, including all erection, down-tower electrical, mechanical alignment, and commissioning support
- Placed five miles of underground collector line, including communications and grounding
- Placed 18 miles of overhead collector line, including nine miles of new overbuild for the existing utility, and nine miles of new cross country transmission and communication
- Installed D-VAR system to ensure power quality at the grid connection to the 34.5kV collection substation
- Constructed a 115kV switchyard, as well as performed 115kV transmission line tie-in and related outage coordination
- Constructed an O&M building with station service, communications, oil storage, and security, and erected a permanent MET tower and related instrumentation
- Managed the commissioning of the entire generation facility
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
In order to overcome the project's environmental permit delays, Cianbro developed multiple start date scenarios with limited engineering expenditures and a compressed construction schedule to preserve the project completion date while limiting the client's cost exposure.
2016 ENR New England Best Projects Merit Award