Scope of Work
Cianbro supplied the crane and crew support to remove, transport, refurbish and install 66 turbine blades on a wind farm.
- Provided and erected a 40 ft by 160 ft RUBB tent, in addition to other Quonset hut style tents that were provided by the owner, for indoor blade repairs
- Provided equipment for temporary power to tents
- Provided on-site blade transportation, including tractors and extended deck trailers, in order to move blades from individual turbines to the yard
- Provided and erected two crawler cranes
- Assisted in building blade lifting frames
- Removed and installed 66 turbine blades
- Provided an up tower OSHA certified signal person
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The high elevation of the wind farm required the crane components be towed to the project site by heavy equipment. There were numerous wind, weather and lightning delays which presented challenges for crews who often worked 15 hour days, sometimes 7 days per week. In addition, the project required several crane breakdowns due to overhead high-voltage lines in crane paths.