Scope of Work
Cianbro provided EPC services to complete a 10 MW wind project with four 2.5 MW direct drive Goldwind America wind turbines in the mountains of Vermont.
- Managed site preparation including 100,000 cy of rock excavation
- Placed four 30 ft diameter heavily reinforced concrete foundations anchored with 3 inch diameter 45 ft long rock anchors
- Constructed Turbine Transport Roadways with 20% grades
- Erected four 2.5 MW, 80 meter hub height direct drive wind turbines including all downtower wiring and mechanical completion
- Installed four 2.75 MVA transformers (34.5 kV to 690 volt)
- Installed 3,600 lf of 34.5 kV Underground Collection
- Installed 1.5 miles of 34.5 kV Overhead Collection
- Installed a complete fiber optic SCADA system
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro provided engineering and construction services for this turnkey project. Cianbro worked with the Owner’s permitting and engineering teams in early spring to advance the design and release long lead equipment to meet the aggressive schedule.The entire project team overcame turbine delivery obstacles in order to maintain the original in-service schedule.Significant public outreach and accommodation of local needs facilitated a smooth project execution ultimately leading to the wind turbines erection and successful commissioning of the project before year-end to achieve the Commercial Operation Date Milestone.