Scope of Work
Cianbro installed a 150 kW tri-gen facility at the Scarborough town office including all associated wiring and controls to tie-in the new piping and electrical system to the existing heating and cooling system.
- Installed the Owner supplied equipment:
- 4,740 lb – Absorption Chiller
- 1,750 lbs – BAC Cooling Tower
- 10,000 lb – 150 kW Engine Generator
- Installed pipe stands for 2,500 lf of piping, 2,500 lf of electrical conduit and 50,000 lf of control wiring
- Worked with Self-Gen to develop new tie-points for the new tri-gen system to allow the existing heating and cooling system to remain operational during construction
- Installed the switchgear, PLC cabinets, and breakers
- Worked with Self-Gen to coordinate with CMP for the electrical tie-overs
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Due to the time frame of when the generator was delivered, the chiller and cooling towers were set, and the location of the project site to the equipment delivery point, required the team to install the generator by using a 90-ton crane to lift the generator over the newly installed chiller and cooling tower. Additionally, Cianbro worked with Self-Gen to redesign the piping route within the Town Office to allow the piping to be installed within the existing ceiling, rather than below the ceiling as originally designed.