New England’s first Construction Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC) Alternative Delivery Project.
Scope of Work
Cianbro collaborated with the MaineDOT, NHDOT, and Design Consultants, as the Integrated Project Team (IPT), using the Construction Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC) alternative delivery project approach for the replacement of the Sarah Mildred Long Bridge. The bridge consists of a steel vertical lift span with a deck truss, roadway, rail, approaches, and a total bridge length of about 2,800 ft. It carries the U.S. Route 1 Bypass and provides a critical link across the Piscataqua River between Kittery, Maine, and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Identified and mitigated risk through analysis and assessment
- Developed and updated project schedules
- Developed detailed cost estimates
- Performed constructability review services
- Developed Early Work Packages
- Provided innovative ideas and solutions that mitigated risk, reduced cost, and improved schedule, constructability, and quality
- Worked together by advising, assisting, estimating, scheduling, and providing recommendations to members of the Team on the construction aspects of the project
- Provided review of plans, specifications, reports, and other information for the purposes of optimizing schedule, cost, and design options
- Facilitated involvement of specialty vendors and trade partners in the design and constructability review process
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
As a member of the IPT, Cianbro used all resources available to build relationships, encourage innovation, and promote decision-making, to develop a phased, efficient, cost-effective project that will exceed DOT and community expectations. The end product will ultimately be a durable, maintainable, and operable bridge of outstanding quality, that will serve the Kittery and Portsmouth area needs well into the future.