Scope of Work
Cianbro replaced the Palmetto Park Road Bridge with a new, four-lane, hydraulically operated four leaf bascule bridge.
- Maintained traffic over the existing bridge until two lanes of the new bridge were completed
- Switched traffic from the existing bridge to the new structure
- Dismantled the old bridge and completed the final two lanes of the new structure
- Placed and erected 330 tons of structural steel including four bascule leaves 85 ft long x 9 ft deep x 63 ft wide
- Installed a new operating system consisting of a PLC-controlled, hydraulically operated, mechanical system
- Constructed four approach spans on each side of the Intracoastal Waterway made up of cast-in-place, flat slab concrete construction
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
This set of bridges was constructed while maintaining both marine and vehicular traffic.