The Cianbro team successfully completed the fast-track project in five months.
Scope of Work
Cianbro renovated a 9,200 sf abandoned retail building to create the new Jamien Morehouse Wing for the Farnsworth Art Museum. Cianbro also renovated the second floor administration area of the adjacent museum store.
- Jamien Morehouse Wing
- Constructed four interconnected galleries—totaling 6,000 sf of exhibition space—with additional storage and exhibit prep spaces
- Laid a mosaic wheel of Maine granite on the floor in the rotunda
- Installed hard wood floors in the galleries and placed resilient tile in the storage and work areas
- Modified structural components of the building to meet code
- Installed electrical, fire protection, humidity control, and security systems
- Replaced the roof and installed a skylight
- Installed a new heating system, including a new boiler, air handling unit, and ductwork
- Installed a wheelchair lift and fit new windows and awnings
- Erected three new granite signs
- Placed approximately 50,000 exterior brick
- Administration Area
- Installed a new HVAC system which required changes to the roof support system and ceiling renovations
- Demolished and changed the configuration of the existing rooms
- Installed new rugs and paint
- Replaced exterior brick to match the Jamien Morehouse Wing
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro successfully solved a unique heavy rigging challenge to place a one-ton rock in a display area of the new wing.